Vision Plans and Medical Insurance
Insurance in eye care is unique because optometric physicians are providers for both vision plans and medical insurances.
Sometimes we don’t know which insurance will be billed until you are in the office. Your chief complaint, or reason for the visit, dictates which insurance applies. Medical insurance is often used for specialized testing as well. See the list below for a list of insurance companies with which we participate.
In addition to Vision Plans and Medical Insurance, we also accept:
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Vision Plans are used for the following chief complaints:
- “I just want a checkup”
- “I want contact lenses”
- “I need my glasses prescription updated”
- “Things look blurry” (caused by a refractive error, like nearsightedness, where glasses or contact lenses can correct the blur).
We carry the following Vision Plans. Please call to verify the most up-to-date list.
- VSP (Vision Service Plan)
Medical insurance is used for the following chief complaints:
- “My eyes itch”
- “I’m diabetic and need my eyes examined”
- “I have a red eye,”
- “My eyes are dry”
- “Things look blurry” (caused by a medical condition, like cataracts, where glasses won’t correct the blur.
We accept the following Medical Plans. Please call to verify the most up-to-date list.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Great West
- Health Spring
- Mail Handlers’ Benefit Plan
- United Health Care
To see if we work with your insurance carrier or vision care plan, please call our office for assistance. Our friendly and informed staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have.